SOCIAL MEDIA

Monday, February 27, 2017

Write More Letters

Happy Monday! Fun fact--last week marked the 2 year anniversary of this blog! :) I don't really count it as two full years, because I took a longgggg hiatus most of my Senior year. But nevertheless, I'm still going after 9 weeks straight of posting (tbh I didn't think it was possible).



Today, I wanted to share one of my absolute favorite things with you all--hand-written letters. I LOVE them. I think they are so personal and really show a person you're thinking of them. They're a combination of my two love languages--gifts and words of affirmation--so I think that's what I love them so much. (I am that girl who checks her mailbox daily to see if I have any mail.)

I'm challenging myself over the next few weeks (and hopefully the weeks to come) on a project--the "Write More Letters" project. (name unoriginal-adapted from Rifle Paper Co. button ha).

Here are 15 reasons to write a letter to someone:

1. To say hey

2. To say thanks

3. To say "Happy [insert holiday here]"

4. To tell someone how much they mean to you

5. To encourage someone

6. To brighten someone's day

7. To give support before a big event, interview, etc.

8. To say "thinking of you"

9. To keep someone up to date on your life

10. To say "I love you"

11. To communicate words you can't say

12. To be honest with someone

13. To invite someone to something

14. To pour your heart out on a page

15. To use a cute card

Also, I think this "project" has been on my heart this semester because most of the people I love dearly are far away. Not to say that a phone call or text isn't important, but I find that writing a letter during long distance means similar to that of planning a lunch date with someone you're close to geographically (if that makes sense?).

So, take a few minutes this week and write a letter to someone you want to love on/encourage! I guarantee it will make their week.

xo

Post a Comment