SOCIAL MEDIA

Thursday, July 27, 2017

San Diego

Today's post is a fun one-a recap of my recent trip to California with my mom! Our first part of the trip was in San Diego because my mom had a work meeting. We've had this trip planned since January, and it truly was a motivational goal to work toward during my hours of studying periodic table trends. Truth be told, I was looking forward to LA (the second part of this post) more than San Diego, but I ended up LOVING San Diego. We stayed on Coronado, which is an island just across the bay about 30 minutes from the airport. The weather was perfect (75 degrees!), and the overall atmosphere was so relaxing.



We arrived in SD around 10 p.m. their time (midnight our body time!) and had a small dinner of a charcuterie platter (we were *trying* to be sophisticated on this trip). 

 Each morning, my mom had her meetings, so I would go to the gym and then spend some time on my computer. The little cafe had acai bowls that I purchased every morning.
 Not the best photo, but the view from our balcony!


 Poolside views--my read on this trip was The Identicals--highly recommend for a quick read!



A view of the bay at night & poolside eats.

 The CUTEST paper store on the island. Might have spend half of my paycheck there.
 A few pics of the Hotel del Coronado-the other hotel on the island.

We had dinner in Little Italy one night-every single place is divine. 
 Pizza by the pool for dinner one night. 


 We ventured over the beach one day, and the wind was crazy! I was actually kind of chilly.
 And my very favorite part of this leg of the trip...

Sailing!! We thought it was going to be a relaxing little boat ride, but our skipper actually wanted to teach us how to sail. I used to be terribly afraid of boats, so I was a little timid, but I'm so glad I tried it. I highly recommend doing some sort of water activity if you ever visit this place. 



 Our last day we drove over to the San Diego side and explored Seaport Village-lots of touristy shops and restaurants- and the rest of the downtown area. Next, we went over to the Gaslamp District, which was a fun setting, but there was a baseball game that night and the area was incredibly crowded. Eventually we ended up at the mall at Nordstrom (little side note here--we went to four different Nordstrom stores on this trip to shop the Anniversary Sale. And we didn't buy a single thing. ha)

As far as food recommendations, I didn't do a whole lot of research. We ate the majority of our meals at our hotel because it was the most convenient, but Little Italy was so, so good. I also read a bunch of great reviews about The Donut Bar, but we never made it.
 Gelato to cool off--it got hotter as you got further away from the water.
 Probably the most beautiful food photo I took the entire trip.

A few things about San Diego:
-Everyone is sooo friendly! My mom and I were very surprised. The majority of the Uber/cab drivers want to share info about the city with you.
-Bring hand sanitizer with you!!! This is really a tip for any city--but my mom and I were always needing to wash our hands but could never find a bathroom.
-Take advantage of the weather. Around the coastline, the weather is actually perfect--around 75 degrees with a light breeze. So try to go outside and explore before you return to a hot climate!

Post a Comment