SOCIAL MEDIA

Tuesday, July 11, 2017

The Letter Writing Kit

Most of my friends are far, far away this summer at a place called camp!! In this isolated place, there is no such thing as cell phone service, so we must rely on old-fashioned snail mail to communicate. (Dramatic much??) Hand-written letters are one of my favorite things in the world. It makes me so, so happy that the lost art of letter writing becomes so popular in the summer. 
Since I've been doing so much writing, I figured I should stock up on some stationery, and I even made a small collection out of it. This little kit can be downsized or expanded, and it would be perfect to give to a friend going to camp for the summer or a semester abroad. 

What I would include: 
-A few specialty/more expensive cards
-A set of thank you notes
-A set of simple birthday cards
-A set of blank cards
-Pens
-Stamps

If you're feeling really generous, you could add an address book, some address labels, and some hand-painted cards.
 I keep all of my stationery items in a cute basket like this one from Target.

I've also written a post about why I enjoy hand-written letters and some different occasions to send one. You can read that here

I hope you all enjoyed this short post. I'm currently writing from the airport about to leave on a fun trip with my mom! Follow along on Instagram (@abstergailll) to see where we're going. Can't wait to share some fun content from this next week.

Post a Comment